Friday, November 11 2022. From 10:00 h to 13:00 h
IDIBAPS 25th Anniversary Commemorative Event
Main Hall of the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Barcelona. C/ Casanova 143, 08036 Barcelona
On Friday, November 11, 2022, the twenty-fifth anniversary of the creation of IDIBAPS will be commemorated at the Auditorium of the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences of the University of Barcelona. The event, which will be in person, will include, among others, a lecture by Michael Stratton, Director of the Wellcome Sanger Institute, and a tribute to Ramon Gomis, former Director of IDIBAPS.
The full program is listed below:
- 10 h: Welcome and opening speeches.
- 10:15 h: Lecture "Mutations in normal human cells", by Michael Stratton, Director of the Wellcome Sanger Institute.
- 11:00 h: Speech "25 years producing excellent biomedical research to improve people's health", by Elías Campo, Director of IDIBAPS.
- 11:20 h: Award to Ramon Gomis, former Director of IDIBAPS, by Andreu Mas-Colell, President of the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST).
- 12 h: Closing speeches.
- 12:15 h: Musical performance.
- 12:45 h: Aperitif.
Due to capacity and logistics of the aperitif, advance registration is required.