The World Nanoday Against Cancer is an event organized in the framework of World Cancer Day where the latest innovations in NANOMEDICINE against CANCER will be presented, with topics ranging from early diagnosis, controlled drug release or radiotherapy with nanoparticles.
NANOMED Spain is organizing this year's edition in collaboration with the August Pi i Sunyer Biomedical Research Institute (IDIBAPS) and the Hospital Clínic de Barcelona. The event will be held at the Esteve Auditorium of the Esther Koplowitz Center and will have the following program:
- 9:30 h Welcome and Opening. IDIBAPS. Josep Samitier · Scientific Coordinator of NANOMED Spain.
- 9:40 h Nanomedicine and cancer · Josep Samitier · Scientific Coordinator of NANOMED Spain.
- 10:00 h Nanoligent: nanotechnology against metastasis · Montserrat Cano · Nanoligent
- 10:25 h: Nanomedicine of chemical and biological origin to treat pancreatic cancer · Cristina Fillat · IDIBAPS.
- 10:50 h Coffee
- 11:20 h Anti-cancer nanomaterials imaged by super-resolution microscopy · Sílvia Pujals · IQAC-CSIC
- 11:45 h CAR-T as an example of new therapies that can/should change our health and the rules of the game in future therapeutics · Manel Juan · IDIBAPS.
- 12:10 h AECC scientific foundation supporting cutting-edge cancer research · Javier García · AECC.
- 12: 30 h Closing