The event was held on 20 January in the Farreras Valentí auditorium. It was presided over by Dr. Josep M. Campistol, director general of the Hospital Clínic, José M. San Segundo, CEO of MRS, Dr. Antoni Castells, medical director of the Hospital Clínic, and Gemma Martínez, nursing director of the Hospital.
At the ceremony, diplomas were presented by the members of the committee to the Hospital Clínic's services that were among the top three positions in their respective rankings. These services and their positions were as follows:
- Gastroenterology Service and Hepatology Service, within the Digestive System category (1st place)
- Gastrointestinal Surgery Service and General and Digestive Surgery Service, within the General Surgery and Digestive System Surgery category (1st place)
- Haematology Service (1st place)
- Nephrology and Kidney Transplant Service (1st place)
- Gynaecology Service and Maternal-Foetal Medicine Service, within the Obstetrics and Gynaecology category (1st place)
- Urology Service (1st place)
- Endocrinology and Nutrition Service (2nd place)
- Pulmonology Service (2nd place)
- Psychiatry and Psychology Service (adults), within the Psychiatry category (2nd place)
- Rheumatology Service (2nd place)
- Angiology and Vascular Surgery Service and Cardiac Surgery Service, within the Angiology and Vascular Surgery category (3rd place)
- Dermatology Service, within the Medical-Surgical Dermatology and Venereology category (3rd place)
- Internal Medicine Service (3rd place)
- Neurology Service (3rd place)
- Ear, Nose & Throat (ENT) Service (3rd place)
Moreover, the Strategy and Planning Management and the Nursing Management also received a diploma for being in 3rd place as the hospital with the best management team within their respective categories. The Communications Department also received a diploma for being in 4th place within the communications management category.
In this edition, for the first time, the MRS also involved the most prestigious hospitals in each Autonomous Community, distinguishing the leading centres in the different Spanish regions in each of the clinical services. In this respect, the Hospital Clínic stands out in 15 of the 25 services evaluated, as the hospital with the best reputation in Catalonia. In terms of national reputation, once again it was ranked in second place, after the La Paz University Hospital in Madrid.
The 8th Healthcare Reputation Monitor is an independent study based on data from the hospitals themselves, from the Spanish Ministry of Health, and the autonomous communities’ health departments. The data for this edition were obtained through over 6,526 surveys of doctors, nurses, patient associations, health journalists, hospital managers, nursing managers, members of the public health administration, hospital pharmacy managers, and pharmaceutical company directors. In addition, over 3,010 objective indicators of 2,912 clinical services were evaluated.
Photos of the event can be found on the Hospital Clínic’s Flickr: