The IDIBAPS is looking for 10 PhD candidates for the fellowship offered by La Caixa Foundation. The objective of the INPhINIT program is to attract young talented scientists of all nationalities, to carry out their doctoral thesis in the best Spanish and Portuguese research centres that have the distinction of excellence in STEM disciplines (Life and Health Sciences, Experimental Sciences, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics).
- The maximum duration of the program is four years.
- Funding to cover labour costs, research costs and doctoral tuition fees.
- On-site training program in multidisciplinary skills.
Interested students may join one of the 10 following IDIBAPS research projects:
- Brain Imaging Machine Learning to predict internet-based CBT outcomes
Research group: Imaging of mood- and anxiety-related disorders (IMARD)
IP: Joaquim Raduà
- CD70, a novel target of CAR T-cell therapy for Mantle Cell Lymphoma
Research group: Functional characterization of oncogenic mechanisms in lymphomagenesis
PI: Virginia Amador
- Circulating tumor DNA (ctDNA)-based biomarkers for predicting response to treatment in metastatic HER2-positive (HER2+) and triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC)
Research group: Translational genomics and targeted therapies in solid tumours
PI: Aleix Prat
- Germline predisposition in early-onset colorectal cancer: genome/transcriptome sequencing, data integration and functional evaluation with cell models
Research group: Genetic predisposition to gastrointestinal cancer
PI: Sergi Castellví
- Mechanisms of complex food anaphylaxis – risk factors for severe reactions
Research group: Clinical and experimental respiratory immunoallergy
PI: Rosa Maria Muñoz
- New Genetic Signatures to advance in Pediatric B-cell Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Precision Medicine (GenSigPedNHL)
Research group: Molecular genetics of paediatric lymphomas
PI: Itziar Salaverria
- Synaptic and network mechanisms of working memory
Research group: Theoretical neurobiology of cortical circuits
PI: Albert Compte
- Translational neurogenomics in Parkinson’s disease/”Exploring cell signalling of mutant LRRK2 and its inhibitors in Parkinson’s disease”
Research group: Parkinson disease and other neurodegenerative movement disorders: clinical and experimental research
PI: Rubén Fernández
- Understanding liver cell plasticity in chronic liver diseases
Research group: Liver cell plasticity and tissue repair
PI: Pau Sancho-Bru
- Understanding the Impact of Aging and High-Fat Diets on Liver Cancer
Research group: Translational control of liver disease and cancer
PI: Mercedes Fernandez
You will join in a biomedical research centre with a solid track-record of excellence and competitiveness, located in the Campus Clínic in Barcelona (Spain). The Campus offers a stimulating research and innovation environment, including the Clínic Barcelona Hospital, a century-old reference hospital committed to healthcare, research and teaching, covering virtually all medical and surgical specialities, and the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences of the University of Barcelona, dating back to 1843 and today one of the most highly regarded health faculties in Spain and worldwide.
The close interaction around 100 IDIBAPS clinical and laboratory research groups drives forward original translational and multidisciplinary research oriented to solve relevant biological and clinical questions for human health. Moreover, the institute has been being pioneering dedicated programmes to promote the profiles of clinician-scientists.
IDIBAPS has a large community of junior researchers, offering training and career development opportunities, and access to state-of-the-art facilities in the institute and on Campus. Different departments ensure that IDIBAPS researchers have access to modern working spaces with functional research equipment and comprehensive lab management support. Excellent mentoring and supervision are offered in the framework of the research groups; moreover, IDIBAPS organizes in-house activities, seminars, courses and workshops, promoting professional and personnel growth and interaction. You will join the vibrant and active IDIBAPS PhD Community, organizing multiple scientific and social activities, such as the yearly PhD Day.
The institute offers excellent working conditions and creative environment as ensured by the HR Excellence in Research award (European Commission).
The deadline for submitting applications is January 24th 2024. You will find the link to submit the application here.