Newsweek has just published its list of the “World's Best Specialized Hospitals", a ranking that lists the world’s 250 best specialized hospitals and is divided up into nine different categories. The list for 2022 includes seven specialties at the Hospital Clínic de Barcelona, which correspond to five different institutes:
- No. 33: Cardiology, at the Hospital Clínic Cardiovascular Institute
- No. 37: Cardiac Surgery, at the Hospital Clínic Cardiovascular Institute
- No. 51: Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology, at the Hospital Clínic Medical and Surgical Specialities Institute
- No. 55: Gastroenterology, at the Hospital Clínic Digestive and Metabolic Diseases Institute
- No. 58: Endocrinology and Nutrition, at the Hospital Clínic Digestive and Metabolic Diseases Institute
- No. 74: Neurology, at the Hospital Clínic Neurosciences Institute
- No. 101: Medical Oncology, at the Hospital Clínic Haematology and Oncology Institute
This title is used by centres all over the world to reinforce their reputation as hospitals that are respected by their colleagues and valued by their patients.
In order to draw up the list, Newsweek and Statista invited over 40,000 experts in medicine – including medical doctors, hospital managers and directors and healthcare professionals – to participate in an online survey that allowed them to recommend and evaluate different hospitals in their respective specialities. The results of the survey were validated by a global board of renowned medical experts.