Partnerships and linked entities
The Hospital Clínic de Barcelona promotes partnerships with different healthcare institutions in order to share knowledge and resources, so as to ensure the highest quality healthcare processes and guarantee the sustainability of the public health service. To progress in preventive, predictive and personalized medicine, to treat patients with maximum accessibility and do so at the patient's house whenever possible, and at a health centre if not, and only in a hospital when the technological requirements make it essential, involves working in collaboration with many other organizations to ensure the patient's well-being.
Local strategic partnerships
- Barcelona Esquerra Integrated Health Area (AISBE). The Hospital Clínic forms part of the Barcelona Esquerra Integrated Health Area (AISBE), where it carries out work in coordination with the professionals from 19 Basic Health Areas, four hospitals (Clínic, Plató, Sagrat Cor and Sant Joan de Déu de Barcelona) and other healthcare providers that serve a population of over 540,000 people in the districts of Sants-Montjuïc, Les Corts, Sarrià, Sarrià-Sant Gervasi and the Eixample.
- Hospital de Sant Joan de Déu de Barcelona. The Hospital Clínic has a partnership with the Hospital Sant Joan de Déu de Barcelona in order to ensure continuity of care during the transition from child to adult health services. When children grow older and are no longer cared for at the Sant Joan de Déu children’s hospital, they are treated at the Hospital Clínic. Moreover, the two hospitals manage the Gynaecology, Obstetrics and Neonatology specialities in an integrated manner.
- C17. The C-17 strategic partnership encourages the various hospital institutions in the Vallès Oriental and Osona regions – the Consorci Hospitalari de Vic, the Fundació Sanitària Mollet, the Hospital General de Granollers and the Hospital de Sant Celoni – to collaborate, coordinate and share resources with the Hospital Clínic, which acts as a tertiary referral hospital for this area.
- Barcelona Esquerra Primary Healthcare Consortium (CAPSBE). This is a public body made up of the Catalan Health Institute (ICS) and the Hospital Clínic de Barcelona. It manages three Primary Healthcare Teams in the Eixample district providing health services to the population in the following Basic Health Areas: Barcelona 2-C (Comte Borrell), Barcelona 2-E (Casanova) and Barcelona 4C (Les Corts).
- Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal). This is the result of an innovative partnership between the ”la Caixa” Social Welfare Project and academic and governmental institutions (CRAL and CRESIB) to contribute to the work by the global community aimed at dealing with health challenges in a globalized world. The Hospital Clínic participates in its Board of Trustees and was one of the driving forces behind its creation.
- Barnaclínic. This is the branch of the Hospital Clínic de Barcelona responsible for activity not covered by the public health system, respecting the fundamental established principles of equity, access and equality. It reinvests all its income back into the Clínic, therefore benefiting society as a whole.