In 2023, the ranking includes the following researchers: Jordi Bruix, Josep Dalmau, Francesc Graus, Josep M. Llovet,Joaquim Raduà, Albert Saiz and Eduard Vieta. This makes the Hospital Clínic-IDIBAPS the Spanish medical institution with the largest number of researchers among the most highly cited.
- Jordi Bruix is a researcher in the Hepatic oncology research group (BCLC). Moreover, he is a professor of medicine at the University of Barcelona.
- Josep Dalmau is an ICREA research professor at IDIBAPS, where he leads the Pathogenesis of autoimmune neuronal disorders team, and is a consultant in the Neurology Service at the Hospital Clínic. He is also an associate professor at the University of Barcelona and head of the CIBERER group.
- Francesc Graus is an emeritus researcher in the IDIBAPS Pathogenesis of autoimmune neuronal disorders group.
- Josep M. Llovet is an ICREA research professor at IDIBAPS, where he leads the Translational research in hepatic oncology group, and he is a professor of medicine at the University of Barcelona.
- Joaquim Raduà is head of the IDIBAPS Imaging of mood- and anxiety-related disorders (IMARD) research group.
- Albert Saiz is an emeritus consultant in the Neurology Service at the Hospital Clínic Barcelona and researcher in the IDIBAPS Pathogenesis of autoimmune neuronal disorders research group.
- Eduard Vieta is head of the Psychiatry and Psychology Service at the Hospital Clínic Barcelona, and leader of the IDIBAPS Bipolar and depressive disorders research group. Moreover, he is a professor of psychiatry at the University of Barcelona and scientific director of CIBERSAM.
The list also includes the researchers from the University of Barcelona, Josep M. Haro, Jordi Martínez-Vilalta, Sergi Munné-Bosch, José Luís Molinuevo and Augusto Villanueva
The Clarivate Analytics Highly Cited Researchers list is the classification that includes the most influential researchers in 21 fields of the sciences and social sciences. In this year's list Clarivate announces 7,125 Highly Cited Researcher designations corresponding to 6,849 individuals because some researchers receive recognition in more than one field. The 2023 list includes 103 researchers who work in Spanish institutions.
The Clarivate Analytics list focuses on the scientific articles that rank among the top 1% by citations for a field or fields and publication year in the Web of Science (the Highly Cited Papers). This year, articles published in an 11-year period between January 2012 and December 2022 have been taken into account. This international classification is also a key component of many rankings with great global outreach in the university world, such as the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU), better known as the Shanghai Ranking