Frequently asked questions
Rights and duties
- How can the right of access be exercised by the patient? Are there any limitations?
Patients, in accordance with what is established in article 15 of the General Data Protection Regulation (RGPD) and article 13 of the Patient Law, can access their entire medical history except for the subjective annotations and the information that could prejudice the privacy of third parties
- How can the right of rectification be exercised by the patient? Are there any limitations?
Patients, in accordance with what is established in article 16 of the General Data Protection Regulation (RGPD), can request that the data in their clinical history be rectified, as long as they provide the documentation that certifies the change, since the data recorded in the medical history is assumed to be accurate.
- How can the right of deletion (right to be forgotten) be exercised by the patient? Are there any limitations?
Patients, in accordance with what is established in article 17 of the General Data Protection Regulation (RGPD), can request that the data of their medical history be deleted, as long as the legal període in which the Hospital must keep these data has passed, which can be five or 15 years depending on the type of document.
- What limitations or special cases do the rights have in relation to the data contained in the Shared Clinical History of Catalonia?
Patients can object to their data becoming part of the Història Clínica Compartida de Catalunya.
Patients can exercise their rights of access to, and rectification and deletion of, the data that the HCB contributes to the Shared Clinical History of Catalonia.
- I have to be admitted to your hospital and I want information about having a single room.
You must contact Patient Management of the corresponding Service/Institute.
- I want you to transfer a patient from hospital X to Hospital Clínic de Barcelona.
The transfer request must be made by the hospital where the patient is hospitalized, which will contact us.
- I have now completed my pre-op assessment; when will I have my operation?
You must contact the Patient Management of the corresponding Service/Institute. Find your reference Service.
Information for patients
- I want to know if a person has been admitted.
The Hospital cannot provide data relating to a patient without their authorization, in accordance with the Organic Law on the Protection of Personal Data (LOPD). The Hospital will only be able to say if the person has been admitted.
- I need to know the visiting hours of the Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
Visiting hours can be requested from:
- Villarroel Headquarters:
- The Hospital Information Point, located in the lobby of C / Villarroel headquarters. Or you can call 93 227 54 00.
- The Maternitat Headquarters: Information point at the main entrance at C / Sabino de Arana s / n or call 93 227 56 00.
- How can I update my personal data?
You can do this in person at the external consultation service point where you have been admitted and/or treated, or you can go to the Citizen Service Unit.
- What are the hours of the Outpatient Pharmacy?
The timetables are available at the Hospital Information Point, located in the lobby of the HQ Villarroel, or call 93 227 54 00.
- How can I contact Dr. X?
You can go to the administrative support point in the External Consultations building at C / Rosselló, 161 or call 93 227 54 00.
At the Maternity headquarters, you can go to the information point at the main entrance or call 93 227 56 00.
- Where can I get a Birth Certificate / Death Certificate?
You must contact the relevant Civil Registry.
- I want information about my birth.
You must contact the Clinical Documentation and Archives to request a copy of your birth record.
- I need a report to request or review my degree of disability.
If it is a question of obtaining a copy of previously edited reports and/or test results, you can go to the Clinical Documentation and Archives department.
If you need a new updated report, you must take into account that you must have visited the relevant Service in the last 12 months and you must go to the secretariat of this Service to obtain the report.
- I need a report translated into X (language).
You can request that your report be translated into one of the two official languages in Catalonia, Catalan or Spanish, but there is no obligation to do so in any other language, although you can request it from the secretariat of the corresponding Service.
Accessibility and admission coordination
- What do I have to do to be admitted to the Hospital Clínic?
You must contact the Accessibility and Care Coordination Area.
- What do I have to do to have Hospital Clínic as my reference center?
It will depend on where you live and what your Primary Healthcare Center is. To find out, you can contact the Accessibility and Care Coordination Area.
- In which CAP do I have to register so that my visit will correspond to the Hospital Clínic?
This can be explained to you in the Accessibility and Care Coordination Area.
- Where can I get the health card?
You must consult your Primary Healthcare Center (CAP).
- Which mutuals does the Hospital Clínic work with?
You should check this information with your insurer, because the centers they have arrangements with often vary.
- I want a second opinion at the Hospital Clínic
The second opinions are regulated by a decree of the Department of Health of the Generalitat de Catalunya. Only those who apply from the corresponding CatSalut Health Region are accepted.
- I want the list of my previous and/or pending visits
You must contact the Accessibility and Care Coordination Area.
- I have an appointment scheduled at the Hospital Clínic and I need to come by ambulance.
The use of non-urgent medical transport must be arranged by the optional staff. If you have not been visited by a Clinic specialist in more than a month, you must consult the corresponding CAP.
- I need proof of admission / I forgot to ask for proof of admission.
You must contact the Service where you were admitted.
- What vaccinations do I need to travel to X?
You must contact the International Traveler Service (SAVI), on the phone 93 227 93 00 or on its website.
We recommend that you make an appointment with sufficient time, because during the holidays it is difficult to get an appointment due to the increase in demand.
- Is there a lost property office?
You must contact the Hospital Security Service.
- Is there a locker to store personal items/luggage?
The Hospital Clínic does not have lockers for personal items or luggage.
- I want a list of the clinical trials that the Hospital Clínic is conducting in relation to disease X.
You must contact the hospital's Research Directorate.
- What do I have to do to participate in an X clinical trial?
You must contact the Hospital's Research Department.
- I want to give my body to science.
You must go to the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences (UB).
- Where can I get an organ donor card?
You must go to the Catalan Organization for Transplantation and Tissues.
- I want to make a financial donation to the HCB
You must go to the
Rosselló 149-151, office floor 4
phone 93 227 54 00 (ext. 4390 and ext. 4335)