Would you like to progress your scientific career at IDIBAPS/FCRB?
Competitive international research depends on the existence of an excellent pool of highly creative researchers with the capacity to attract and retain the best talent from each generation. Our highly attractive research careers offer well-defined positions, clear professional prospects, generous funding and all the tools to support professional development and much more.
As indictated by the European recommendations, 4 main research categories are established:
- R1 Pre-doctoral Researcher
- R2 Recognised Researcher
- R2A Post-doctoral Researcher
- R2B Junior Researcher
- R2C Assistant Researcher
- R3 Established Researcher
- R3A Acredited Researcher
- R3B Junior Group Leader
- R4 Group Leader
Download more detailed document about research careers at IDIBAPS.
HR Excellence in Research Award
Professional aspects, capturing talent, employment conditions and supervision of research staff are of the utmost importance to IDIBAPS. For this reason, in order to guarantee a more stimulating and favourable working environment, and in keeping with the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for recruiting researchers, work is in progress on a continuous improvement process called the Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R).
To retain the HR Excellence in Research award, it is necessary to continue to evaluate and update the latest versions of the plan, as set out below.
Consult the updated Plan (2017-2020), currently in force.
One of the priorities of IDIBAPS-FCRB is the promotion of clinical-scientific research profiles, i.e., professionals who combine research with patient care activities. This objective is specificially promoted through the implementation of our programmes, which include the following:
- PhD4MD for R1 researchers: through the CRG (Centre for Genomic Regulation), the IRB Barcelona (Biomedical Research Institute) and the VHIR (Vall d'Hebron Research Institute), IDIBAPS set up this programme for the first time in 2015. It gives medical practitioners the opportunity to implement translational research projects, each coordinated jointly by a basic research investigator and a clinic linked to any of the institutions responsible for the programme.
- BITRECS for R2 researchers: a scholarship programme set up by IDIBAPS in 2017, which receives funds from the European Commission and from "la Caixa" Foundation for the recruitment of excellent, motivated postdoctoral trainees. They are expected to implement a research proposal over 36 months while they participate in one of the two mobility schemes available: 1) Outgoing: 12-18 months at a foreign research centre and18-24 months at IDIBAPS; 2) Incoming: 36 months at IDIBAPS.
- 50/50 Programme for R3 researchers who wish to become Junior Group Leaders: this programme is coordinated by IDIBAPS and Hospital Clínic de Barcelona and was set up in 2012 for young medical specialists (MDs) with a solid research career (PhD), with at least part of it being spent at the most prestigious foreign research centres.