Would you like to develop your scientific career at IDIBAPS/FCRB?
A competitive international research career requires the existence of an excellent group of highly creative researchers and the capacity to attract and retain the best talent in each generation. The existence of attractive and efficient research demands well-defined positions, clear professional prospects, good financing and tools to support professional development, among others.
As dictated by European recommendations, 4 main research categories are established:
- R1 Pre-doctoral Researcher
- R2 Post-doctoral Researcher
- R2A Post-doctoral Researcher
- R2B Junior Researcher
- R3 Researcher
- R3A Post-doctoral Researcher
- R3B Junior Researcher
- R4 Group Leader
Download the most detailed document on research careers at IDIBAPS below.
HR Excellence in Research Seal
Professional aspects, capturing talent, employment conditions and supervision of research staff are of the utmost importance to IDIBAPS. For this reason, in order to guarantee a more stimulating and favour working environment, in keeping with the European Charter for Researchers and Code of Conduct for recruiting researchers, work is in progress on a continuous improvement process called the Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R).
To maintain the HR Excellence in Research seal, it is necessary to continue to evaluate and update the latest versions of the plan, as set out below.
Consult the updated Plan (2017-2020), currently in force.
One of the priorities of IDIBAPS-FCRB is the promotion of the clinical-scientific research profile, professionals who combine research with welfare activity. This objective is specificially promoted through the implementation of our programmes, which include the following:
- PhD4MD for R1 researchers: through the CRG (Centre for Genomic Regulation), the IRB Barcelona (Biomedical Research Institute) and the VHIR (Vall d'Hebron Research Institute), IDIBAPS set up this programme for the first time in 2015. It gives doctors the opportunity to implement translational research projects coordinated jointly by a basic research investigators and a clinic linked to any of the institutions responsible for the programme.
- BITRECS for R2 researchers: a scholarship programme set up by IDIBAPS in 2017, which receives funds from the European Commission and from "la Caixa" Foundation for the recruitment of excellent, motivated postdoctoral trainees. They are expected to implement a research proposal for 36 months while they participate in one of the two available mobility schemes: 1) Outgoing: 12-18 months at a foreign research centre and18-24 months at IDIBAPS; 2) Incoming: 36 months at IDIBAPS.
- 50/50 Programme for R3 researchers who wish to become Junior Group Leaders: a programme coordinated by IDIBAPS and Hospital Clínic de Barcelona set up in 2012 by young medical specialists (MDs) with a solid research career (PhD), at least part of which is spent at the most prestigious foreign research centres.