The Medicine Area of the Hospital Clínic is under the Medical Directorate. It works to guarantee an appropriate, safe and efficient use of medicines, with personalized and patient-centered care, by working in multidisciplinary teams. The Area promotes both the integrated collaboration among healthcare professionals from the various healthcare and teaching fields, and the participation in research and innovation projects related to medicine.
The Medicine Area strives to be a benchmark in innovation, care models, research and teaching and to achieve excellence in quality and safety of all processes related to medicine. The activity is focused on the person and puts all the knowledge and experience at his or her disposal.
The Medicine Area also acts with a territorial vision by establishing alliances and collaborations with other centers and/or healthcare areas.
The values with which the Medicine Area of the Hospital Clínic works are the following:
- The commitment by healthcare professionals and the Institution to patients and their orientation
- Professionalism, understood as competence and excellence
- Maximum generosity, dedication, empathy and humanization to generate trust between patients and professionals
- A guarantee of accessibility, proximity and added value in each and every action
- Assisting the human team, which is the Area's greatest asset
The Medicine Area works to guarantee appropriate, safe and efficient use of medicine, with personalized and patient-centred care, by working in multidisciplinary teams
Teaching and Training
Team of professionals
The Hospital Clínic Medicine Department is made up of a multidisciplinary team that works to achieve excellence in quality and safety in all processes related to medicine.